Dawson College: Linear Algebra: 201-NYC-05-S03: Winter 2020
taught by Yann Lamontagne
- Have a great summer!!!
- Mini Assessment #3: On chapter 3 with a focus on section 3.5.
Mini Assessment #4: On section 4.1 and 4.2(no spanning sets).
Mini Assessment #5: On section 4.2 and 4.3.
Mini Assessment #6: On section 4.4 and 4.5.
- For the material covered in section 3.5 do the assigned exercises listed in the outline for section 3.5 and the problems assigned in the outline for Winter2019./supplementary_problems_for_201-NYC-05_science_v6.pdf that have not been assigned previously.
- For the material covered in section 3.4 do the assigned exercises listed in the outline for section 3.4 and Winter2019./supplementary_problems_for_201-NYC-05_science_v6.pdf #4.2, 5.3, 5.6
- For the material covered in section 3.3 do the assigned exercises listed in the outline for section 3.3 and Winter2019./supplementary_problems_for_201-NYC-05_science_v6.pdf #4.1(a-d,i,j), 4.3, 5.1(a,b,k-n), 5.4, 5.5
- News about R-score from the BCI: click here
- New addition The Pandemic Linear Algebra Lecture Series.
- Please fill out this survey so that I have a better understanding of your current situation: https://forms.gle/6J6dHHhJkwL9sjsh8. This is just to get a pulse of the class and does not imply anything.
Hope all is well!
I have changed the due dates of some of the WebWorKs, to get the actual due dates you should logon to WebWorKs. The due dates could be pushed back even further depending on the evolving situation. Note that this includes an extension on Assignment 8 which was due last night.
As soon as the College takes a decision/position on how/what to do with the the semester I will write to the class.
- For the schedule of the students helping students tutorial room click here.
Handout: Problems for 201-NYC-05 Science:
Winter 2020: Academic Calendar
Up to date grades can be consulted online at https://dawsoncollege.omnivox.ca.
- For section 3.3
- Plane with normal vector
- 3D Vectors, Points and Planes
- Vector equation of a line (2D)
- Orthogonal Projection
- For section 3.4
- For section 3.5
- Intersection of Three Planes
- Example of a system of 3 planes with no solution: 2 Parallel planes and 1 perpendicular
Tests written by Sylvain Muise: